Updated: March 5, 2014
To better serve site visitors, and to enable the operation of the services offered on the Website, Abbott Technologies collects two basic types of information from users:
- Personal Identifiable Information: This information personally identifies one individual from another and is voluntarily provided to us by visitors to the Website. It is used to fulfill requests and inquiries. Abbott Technologies does not rent or sell any of this information to any third parties.
- Aggregate User and Tracking Information: This information provides insights into how visitors use the Website and other products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any personally identifiable information. This information is used to ensure that the Website, e-mail messages and marketing efforts continue to appeal to users.
Abbott Technologies collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide. Examples include, among other information, your name, email address and phone number.
Abbott Technologies only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed to respond to a specific request.
Abbott Technologies may collect and use personally identifiable information provided in any records or copies of correspondence with you.
Other Information Abbott Technologies Collects
When you visit the Website, some information about your visit may be automatically collected using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data. If your browser is configured to accept these files, they are stored on your computer’s hard drive. These data files are used whenever you visit the Website. Cookies capture and remember certain information about you. By using cookies, Abbott Technologies is able to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns; and
- Speed up performance on the site.
Log File Analysis
Abbott Technologies also collects information from your computer each time you visit the Website using log file analysis software.
Information measured, analyzed and collected in this manner may include but is not limited to: your IP address, operating system, platform information, date and time of your clickstream behavior, email address, cookie information, session information (includes: page interaction information, browser interaction information, page response times, length of visits to individual pages, and download errors) and web browser software.
Though some personally identifiable information may be collected in this process, the information collected is not stored or used to track an individual’s use through the Website.
Use of Collected Information
Personal Identifiable Information
Abbott Technologies may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your visit to the Website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Abbott Technologies;
- To send marketing communications that you have opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive;
- To send surveys to you; and/or
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Also, Abbott Technologies may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Abbott Technologies sometimes contracts with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting the Website, sending email messages and administering contests and surveys. Such third parties may have access to personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Abbott Technologies.
- In some cases, Abbott Technologies may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including personally identifiable information, is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Abbott Technologies, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Abbott Technologies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information, including personally identifiable information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Abbott Technologies or any of its assets may continue to use your personally identifiable information as set forth in this policy.
- Abbott Technologies may share any information you submit when Abbott Technologies has your consent to do so, or when Abbott Technologies needs to share it in order to provide the information or service you requested.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Abbott Technologies may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your visit to the Website or during your interaction with Abbott Technologies’ e-mails for other purposes, including without limitation, the following:
- To better monitor in aggregate the effectiveness of Abbott Technologies’ online and offline advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To better monitor in aggregate how visitors and customers are using the Website.
- To ensure that the Website and e-mails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to users.
- To uncover and diagnose problems with the Website and Abbott Technologies’ servers.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
Do Not Track Signals
Abbott Technologies does not respond to a browser’s do-not-track signal regarding the collection of information about online activities over time and across third party online services.
What You Get From Abbott Technologies
Abbott Technologies believes that honest and clear communications with subscribers and users is a key part of a great experience. Abbott Technologies only wants to send you e-mail that you expect to receive or that you have requested. All of Abbott Technologies’ e-mail communications contain clear information as to how to unsubscribe, and Abbott Technologies honors all requests as quickly as possible. Below are examples (without limitation) of communications you may receive from Abbott Technologies:
Marketing or Promotional E-mails
If you sign up for one of Abbott Technologies’ marketing e-mails, Abbott Technologies will send you the marketing e-mail that you have requested.
Abbott Technologies only sends these e-mails to site visitors who sign up for its mailing list or who agree to future contact regarding special promotions and offers from Abbott Technologies. These mailings contain clear information on how to unsubscribe, and Abbott Technologies honors all requests as quickly as possible.
If you are receiving communications from Abbott Technologies and wish to unsubscribe, either follow the unsubscribe instructions in the communication or contact us directly (via any of the methods listed below) to indicate that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mail from Abbott Technologies.
Abbott Technologies may also send you notifications of new products, surveys, contests and other communications via postal mail.
If you send Abbott Technologies an e-mail through the contact form on the Website or phone in a question or offer a suggestion or communicate with us by mail, Abbott Technologies may use your e-mail address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
Abbott Technologies has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Abbott Technologies does its best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
About This Policy
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. Abbott Technologies does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that Abbott Technologies learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, such information will be deleted. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Abbott Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Website Privacy
8203 Vineland Ave.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
E-mail contact: email@example.com
Fax: (818) 768-0395