- Category AC to DC Power Supplies
- Type Industrial
- Power 120 Watts
The ZB Series is a pulse-width modulated, forward converter power supply using a single switching transistor at a frequency of 38 KHz. It is designed and manufactured to deliver reliable, regulated power for compact electronic systems that must provide long-term, trouble-free performance.
Quality components and judicious design provide long life expectancy and a MTBF of 135,540 hrs. calculated per Mil-217D at 25°C ambient, ground-benign environment. Premature saturation of the power transformer and failures due to mismatched transistors are avoided by the single transistor design.
The main control IC is a hermetically sealed monolithic component. All power semiconductors are metal-encapsulated. Low ESR output capacitors are used exclusively.
All models include soft start, over voltage protection, and direct output short circuit protection.
Remote sensing and open lead protection is standard. Power supplies can be operated in parallel. (Contact factory for details.)
- DUAL INPUT 115/230 VAC
- NON-CROWBAR INTERNAL OVP is standard
- HIGH EFFICIENCY Up to 80%
- HIGH OPERATING TEMPERATURE 100% power up to 80° C
- LOW EMI Meets FCC20780, Class A
- Legacy Model Still Fully Supported
- AC INPUT90 to 132 and 180 to 265 Vrms, 47 to 400 Hz, single phase. Dual input selectable.
- EFFICIENCY75% typical, 70% minimum.
- LINE REGULATION0.12% for full input change between 90 and 132 or 180 and 265 Vrms. Temperature and load constant.
- LOAD REGULATION0.2% for change from no load to full load (100%) with line constant.
- RIPPLE AND NOISE50 mV peak-to-peak typical; 100 mV p-p maximum measured with a 25 MHz bandwidth.
- STABILITYOutput voltage changes less than ±0.05% for 24 hours following initial warm-up period.
- LOAD TRANSIENT RESPONSEFor recovery to within 1 % of nominal voltage set point, 200 microseconds maximum after 50% load change.
- LOAD TRANSIENT OVERSHOOTMaximum voltage deviation is 5% from nominal voltage set point.
- HOLD UP TIME20 milliseconds minimum after nominal ac input voltage is lost at full load, 50 milliseconds typical at half load, 100 milliseconds typical at quarter load.
- INPUT TO OUTPUT1000 VDC
- INPUT TO CASE1000 VDC
- OUTPUT TO CASE500 VDC
- INSULATION RESISTANCE50 megohms minimum between input and output, input and case, and output and case when measured at 50 VDC.
- INPUT PROTECTIONInternal fuses, 115V 5 amp. 230V, 2.5 amp.
- SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTIONEach unit is completely protected against a short circuit of any duration. The current limit circuit nominally is set at 120% of full load to reduce voltage. The output voltage automatically restores to nominal when the short is removed
- REMOTE ERROR SENSINGThe regulator circuit monitors the voltage directly at the load using extra "Sensing" leads. The resulting circuit action compensates for a DC voltage drop up to 0.3 volts in the load leads.
- Temperature RangeOperating 0°C to + 85° C. (See Cooling Requirements.) Storage temperature -40° C to 85° C. Operating temperature -20°C to 85°C available at extra cost.
- TEMPERATURE COEFFICIENT0.01% per degree centigrade typical, 0.03% per degree centigrade maximum.
- MEAN TIME BETWEEN FAILURE (MTBF)135,540 hours calculated per MIL-STD-217D at 25°C ambient, ground-benign environment
- Electromagnetic CompatibilityMeets FCC20780, Class A
- CONNECTORSAdditional Termination Options Available upon Request
- STANDARD OUTPUTS (VDC)5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 22, 24, 28, 30 (Additional Voltages Available upon Request)
*Voltage is continuously adjustable ± 5% by means of an externally accessible screwdriver adjustment potentiometer.
Output and Naming Convention
ZB Functions and Connections
- Terminal Functions left to right230 AC input, AC common , 115 AC input, ground, +out, + out, + sense, -out, -out, -sense.